If you’re an automotive technician, you will definitely need the best tools to perform your job. If you own a car, you also need the best car diagnostic tool for the job. And the Autel Scanner MK906BT is your ultimate choice. The MK906BT is equipped with an elegant design and more advanced features than other scanners on the market.
It works flawlessly with all 2016 and newer vehicles, meaning you’ll be able to diagnose. It also has some advanced features. So are you ready to know more about it? Let’s go!
Why Should You Choose It?
- The first reason for choosing the scanner is it is made of high-quality materials with a beautiful finish. This device has passed various tests regarding performance and durability, making it perfectly capable of handling the toughest auto shops.
- It’s pretty easy to use this scanner since its interface is very user-friendly. The instruction manual is also very clear, and you won’t face any problems operating this tool. You will be able to get all the information easily by navigating through the touch interface of Autel Scanner MK906BT.
- The latest Active Test and Special Service features of Scanner MK906BT give it an edge over the other tool. It offers hundreds of test functions, which you may use to diagnose a wide range of vehicle problems.
- There are 36+ special services on this scanner. It can be used to determine the engine’s performance and stability at high speed. It also gives an accurate diagnosis and repair for all major systems.
- It is compatible with most vehicle brands and is also compatible with some of the latest vehicles.
- Additionally, the tool has a big LCD screen that displays the current information. It makes it easy to read and navigate through the data. A backlit display on this device makes it easy to read even in dark rooms.
- The compact size of this device allows you to take it anywhere you want. It comes with a stylish design, making it easy to carry.
- It can provide professional diagnostic and repair services for most vehicles currently in use around the world. This vehicle scanner can provide real-time values, which will help you tune your car’s engine quickly when required while saving time and money.
- The scanner is very easy to use and comes with a Bluetooth pre and post-scanning system.
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this device with worldwide vehicle coverage. With such a long warranty, you can be sure you will get your money’s worth out of this device.
Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT diagnostic scan tool review
Regarding its appearance, it is very compact and really nice in shape. The color is black and looks good in both a workshop and a garage. This scanner does have a quality feel to it, just like the other products from Autel makes. I am using this device for the first time. So, I don’t have experience yet with other products from Autel.
I find this product easy to use, even for those who are new to auto mechanic jobs. The product has a detailed manual explaining how to use it with full step-by-step instruction manuals on how you should use it.
It also provides information about what all should be done first and what all should be done last. So, even if you are a beginner, you won’t face any issues using this product.
This device has a large 7-inch LCD screen with easy navigation, which can be read from any angle. There is also a backlit display, which is useful while working in dark areas like parking lots, cars at night, etc. The screen is also a touch screen; it takes just two seconds to get the readings.
The reading is in large font size, and the text displays nicely on the screen, so the user won’t have to strain eye sight while reading the values. The scanner has 36+ special services functions, and it helps in diagnosing problems easily without going through complicated steps.
- This scanner can be used for diagnosing any vehicle and is also portable.
- Due to the fast scanning and data transmission, it saves time as well as money.
- Its user-friendly interface allows anyone to operate it easily.
- This scanner is easy to set up, and you only need to install the device in your car's OBD2 port.
- The beautifully designed design makes it easy to carry from one place to another.
- It has many special services functions that help diagnose your car's problems.
- If you are not a beginner, this scanner can be a good choice.
Here I would like to explain some of the main features so you can know about them.
36+ Special Maintenance Functions
This scanner has a long list of special maintenance functions that help diagnose the vehicle and its major systems. The functions include electronic control unit, Engine, Fuel injection system, climate control system, transmission system, etc.
What is next? The tool is compatible with most vehicles and with several latest new models. The Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802 Scanner is an advanced yet simple tool with several diagnostic features. It helps in developing your car’s performance without going through any trouble.
This scanner can help you save time and money as it has the potential to work on more than 160 vehicle makes and models around the world. It does not require any additional software to run.
Luxury Brands Supported
With these features, the scanner can work for more than 10000 vehicle models. It supports both active tests and luxury brands. You can also check if your vehicle has expired auto parts and if there are any defects in them.
It is compatible with Bluetooth and has one built-in Bluetooth, so it can be connected to a smartphone or a tablet while scanning. The unit is also equipped with a USB port.
It lets you upload the data recorded on your device to your computer through a USB cable so that you can use any software of your choice to analyze the scanned data.
Pro Technical Support
You will get a dedicated technical support team if you face any problems while using your scanner. The team will be available round the clock and can help you resolve any issue or query you may have with it. It comes with the most updated software, and unlike other scanners, you won’t need to update its software repeatedly.
The software is already updated to work for all the latest vehicles.
It is equipped with a bi-directional control which means you can use it in 3 ways – as a Diagnostic Scanner, as data acquisition, and as an OBD2 scanner.
You can use it to diagnose vehicle issues related to the engine, transmission, ABS, and many other systems. This scanner also comes with Bluetooth connectivity, so you can use your smartphone or tablet to read all the data on them easily.
Coding is hardware-based software written on a microprocessor that helps communicate with the ECU. This is usually done by sending commands using the CAN interface, so you do not need any external software for coding.
All System Diagnosis
This scanner can help diagnose your vehicle’s faults, such as airbag, air conditioning, ABS, fuel injection, etc. It is a comprehensive scanner that helps differentiate the system’s fault.
The device helps you to read the data, which is displayed in real-time on its screen. However, it may be a problem for those with a slow internet connection.
So they should consider their options before purchasing this device. This scanner has paper documents that you can use while diagnosing your car’s problems.
You simply need to download its PDF file and then open it using any software of your choice while scanning your vehicle’s diagnostic information.
I want to show you some of the advanced features here.
1. Robust Hardware Expansion
Connecting this device to the vehicle’s OBD2 port keeps working for the entire diagnostic period. So, you can use any application for the scans or tests continuously. This unit also has a wireless remote, which lets you start or stop the diagnosing process.
2. HDMI Support
You can connect this device through HDMI and display the live data on your computer or any other device. This feature is particularly useful for professional mechanics who can use it to diagnose the problems of their customers’ vehicles.
3. High-End Configuration
It comes with a high-end configuration, which supports all the latest vehicle makes and models. You can also update its software whenever you need it. Besides, this device provides precise results, and each test can be performed with a great deal of accuracy.
It also helps differentiate faulty system components from normal ones by performing different tests on them.
4. Remote technical support
You will get technical support for the device for a period of one year. You can contact the support team when you have any kind of problem with your device.
5. Expert Advice
If you face any issues or problems while using this scanner, you can simply contact the customer care team to know more about it.
You can also find an experienced professional mechanic to help you with your queries in case of any emergency.
It makes the scanner a great choice if you are a professional mechanic. You can use it for diagnosis on your vehicle’s system.
6. AutoAuth Access
The AutoAuth feature helps you enter your car’s VIN number and access the vehicle’s software and diagnostic service. Once you connect this device to the vehicle, it can retrieve the data from the system of that particular car.
Difference Between Autel Scanner MK906BT VS. Autel Scanner MaxiPRO MP808K
When I am talking about MK906BT, it comes with a Samsung Exynos processor. This processor is a mixing service of the quad-core processor with ARM cortex-A7+ with 1.3GHz and dual-core ARM Cortex-A15 processor with 1.7GHz. On the other side, MaxiPRO MP808K comes with a Cortex-A9 processor 1.5GHz processor, which is less powerful than MK906BT.
The Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT provides an 8″ display, and the MP808K contains a 7″ display which is a little smaller than MK906BT. If I talk about the camera option, MK906BT comes with an 8.0 Megapixel and flashlight with AF.
On the opposite side, the MP808k does not contain any camera. The Autel MP808K comes with 13+ languages, while Autel MK906BT provides only English. Though Autel MK906BT features one language, overall, its performance is better than MP808k.
How To Use Autel MK908BT Scanner?
- Install the device in your car’s OBD2 port.
- Plug the battery charger into the scanner and connect it to a power source. The indicator light will blink for about two to three minutes and then go out when the power is fully charged.
- Insert a card into the slot on top of the device and press [Enter]; you will see all kinds of data displayed on the screen.
- You can adjust screen brightness and contrast by entering menu mode, then setting “scanner,” “Adjustment,” and “Backlight Contrast.”
- Use the function keys F1 to F8 to enter corresponding data in various ways, such as background data.
- If you want to record a test, press [enter], and the test starts after reading the vehicle parameter.
- After completion of the test, it will automatically turn off.
- To read the recorded data, press [enter], and you can get the data in a few seconds.
- You can save the data automatically but must press [enter] after reading or manually.
This scanner does not require any additional software to run. All you need to do is open up your internet browser and connect it with the Autel server through the internet. This device also has Bluetooth connectivity, so it is quite easy to connect to a smartphone or a tablet and read all the data.
What country is Autel from?
Autel is a global organization, but Its registered office is situated in Germany. It can be found in different countries worldwide, including America, Canada, the UK, France, Australia, China, and many others.
Does Autel offer a warranty?
Yes. The company offers a 1-year warranty on the parts, accessories, and labor for all the devices it makes. Autel provides good quality service with 30 days of refund collection. For some items, Autel gets more than a 1-year warranty.
What scan tool does GM use?
GM is one of the biggest car manufacturers in North America and the world. Autel is an American company, and GM is an American car manufacturer. But currently, Autel has no partnership with GM. GM uses GDS2 or Tech 2, or Tech2Win.
Which is the best diagnostic car scanner?
It depends on what type you need and what your budget is. They are all good according to the user option. But among MK906BT and 808K, I find Autel MaxiCOM MK906 BT A better than Autel MaxiPRO MK808 K., But both are good enough for car diagnostic.
What is the best professional automotive diagnostic scanner?
It is an Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT. It will be the perfect choice for professional mechanics, who can use it to diagnose their customers’ cars. This device can diagnose all the makes and models of any vehicle. It has many features and options make it worth every cent you spend.
Overall, Autel MaxiCOM MK906BT is a great product that professional mechanics can use for vehicle diagnostics. It is also very suitable for home mechanics and car enthusiasts who want to learn more about the diagnostic system.
The device has many features that help it stand out against other scanners. So I think this scanner will be a great option for your vehicle.