If you want a diagnostic tool to get the most out of your car, there are many tools around you. But one of their best tools is the Autel Scanner MaxiPRO MP808 Scanner. It is an advanced bi-directional control that will diagnose all major systems of your car and perform 30+ services.
However, this device from Autel seamlessly integrates with your car, giving you access to advanced features in a form factor that’s easy to carry around with you. It’s hard to imagine how much easier it can possibly be. Want to know about it now? Let’s scroll down slowly!
Why Do I Choose It?
- This full-function diagnostic scan tool is used to diagnose and repair the most complex vehicle technology.
- One of the reasons for choosing this scanner is that it is easy to handle. Its large LCD capacitive touch screen enables you to control the scan process on-screen. You can multitask your work by switching screens between different diagnostic functions at a glance.
- It allows both newbies and professional technicians quick access to their preferred configurations.
- I chose it because It’s easy to identify the fault because of its advanced technology that identifies transmission control modules, engine management controller, ABS, and TCM modules, among other very sensitive vehicle systems.
- Another reason is it’s easy to fix. The scanner can locate defective components with a single scan. It is supplemented by the fact that a generic fault code can be created and saved in memory at any time in a given vehicle.
- The scanner comes with 30+ Services, like Zero curve learning, Throttle Adaptation, TPMS Reset, SRS, DPF, SAS, EPB, and more functions.
- It’s easy to update software for this scanner by using a USB flash drive and a computer.
- I chose it because it comes with a full Bi-directional process and Real Active Test advanced to operate the scan tool more safely.
- The scanner is cost-Effective, and if you like MP808K, you can also use it as an Alternative to MP808K.
- It’s absolutely reliable and provides 63+ vehicle coverage.
Below I’m presenting you with a list of the main features of the Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808 Scanner. I’m also going to explain these and why you would want to choose them.
Autel MaxiPRO MP808 review
If I talk about its appearance, it looks like light blue color. It is made up of 4 pistons that have a similar color to the light blue one. It’s all in the shape of white. This scanner has a handle on top so that we can carry it around conveniently and among other things.
The scanner has a display screen to show you how the functions of our car work and what you need to do in order to fix them. This scanner is largely made up of LEDs, which are green in color.
It is designed to give you the tools you need to repair your cars and diagnose them. Before I go on, I want to point out the different functions of this device. 3D scanner means that it scans our car forever so we can check out what’s wrong with it right away.
It has a screen size of 7 inches and dimensions of 9.4 x 1.4 x 5.9 inches. This device has a one-year warranty; it is made of plastic and weighs around 2.42 pounds only. This scanner works in both Windows systems and Mac operating systems.
When I use it, it doesn’t take too much time. I just connect it to my computer and use its software to perform all the functions I want for my car. Then I can easily get a professional result and even better. It’s cheaper compared to the cost of professional services.
- Capable of performing OBDII scan tests
- Provide VIN and perform a host of different vehicle scans
- Large LCD screen for easy reading, even in sunlight
- Long battery life
- The auto-Shutdown function prevents accidental power drain on the device
- USB and Stereo Audio Input Ports make it easy to operate
- Quick and accurate Autosteer detection of the malfunctioning acircuit
- Sometimes the touch screen is not very responsive
Autel MaxiPro MP808 main features
Here I would like to explain some of the main features of Autel MaxiPRO MP808
It’s extremely hard to find a cheaper product than this diagnostic scan tool, especially one that has OBDII abilities and can easily transfer data from your vehicle. Regarding price, the Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808 is one of the most affordable in its category.
One of the best things about this scan tool is that it can perform Autosteer detection to troubleshoot malfunctions on your vehicle. So you don’t have to look at all the different circuits manually. The Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808 gives you a grade of A+ in terms of accuracy on repairs.
Real Active Test
The Autel MaxiPRO MP808 scan tool allows you to take real-time data from your vehicle’s sensors. It is extremely valuable as you can find out what’s going on in your vehicle as it operates, whether it’s a misfire or an engine light on.
Unlike many similar products, the Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808 has been tested and certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB). It has also won approval from the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). It means the scanner will work on 95% of vehicles sold in the state. Although this scan tool may function much like your laptop or PC, it was not built to withstand heavy usages like a cell phone or tablet.
Quick & Easy
The Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808 can easily connect to your vehicle through the OBDII port, and then it can quickly diagnose the problem with your car. The quickness of this scan tool makes it an ideal choice for mechanics looking to troubleshoot vehicles efficiently.
All Systems Diagnostic
The Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808 has the same features found in the MP808BT model. It can perform the same tests on your vehicle, including Autosteer detection and OE search. The only difference is that it cannot read Freeze Frame data from cars equipped with a camera system, so you won’t be able to view any frame data or freeze frame data during an OE scan.
30+ Maintenance Services
This scanner comes with 30+ maintenance services such as Engine Management, Cooling System Temp., Fuel System, Transmission or Transaxle Temp., Camshaft Sensor, Inspection of Throttle Position Sensor(TPS) Sensors, Air Conditioning Compressor/Amplifier Sensors, and more. Besides, the scanner has a simple and easy-to-use interface; this allows you to drag and drop functions from the software directly into your vehicle’s dashboard, making diagnostics very easy.
Before sharing the main features, I’ve developed a few advanced features. Let’s see!
Full Systems Diagnoses
The MaxiPRO MP808 has all of the same capabilities you’ll find in more expensive OBDII diagnostic scan tools, including the ability to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes, monitor vital engine sensors, and even program keys.
To control the functions of your vehicle, you may need to program or add new keys. You can also use this diagnostic scan tool to diagnose and repair your car’s transmission problems. The Auto-Tech MP808 has all the necessary tools and software for identifying, turning off, or reprogramming faults in transmission.
Since the Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808 can connect to your vehicle’s OBD II port, it can read and clear diagnostic trouble codes. It also has a USB port and several audio input ports so that you can connect external devices.
You can even plug a memory stick or SD card into the USB port to transfer VIN information or other data. This bi-directional control makes this scan tool ideal for mechanics who want to troubleshoot and repair vehicles more quickly.
Smart AutoVIN Scan
If your car has a problem, the Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808 will instantly flag the malfunctioning circuit and perform an OE scan. The scan tool will compare your vehicle’s data to its database of more than 50 million vehicles to pinpoint the problem and provide you with a grade A+ reading of your vehicle’s problems.
More Supported Vehicle Makes
This scan tool is part of a larger and extremely popular line of diagnostic scan tools, including the Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808BT. This model can be used to diagnose millions of vehicles, including models from Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Ford, and Kia.
The Auto-Tech MaxiPRO MP808 works with all trim levels of supported vehicles from Toyota. It can provide a detailed analysis of several different vehicle systems connected to your OBD II port.
Advanced OBD II Functionality
Most diagnostic scan tools only have basic OBD II functions, but this device has much more advanced capabilities. It can read, clear, and reset diagnostic trouble codes on all systems, including engine, ABS, SRS, and transmission. This diagnostic scan tool also programs keys.
Quick & Accurate
This scan tool quickly finds faults in your vehicle’s systems. It can detect functions with great accuracy, so you know exactly what repairs need to be made on your vehicle. You can read data from your vehicle’s systems and easily identify the problem. This scan tool can even detect Autosteer malfunctions, which are rare to find on OBD II diagnostic tools.
What is the Difference Between Autel Scanner MaxiPRO MP808 VS. Autel Scanner MaxiCheck MX808?
The MaxiCheck MX800 includes voice control functions that allow it to be operated hands-free. Specifically, it can be operated by simply saying “Computer.” However, this feature is not available on MaxiPro MP808.
Both scanner models, The Autel MaxiPro MP808 and MaxiCheck MX808, have 7″ display screens. The MaxiPro MP808 comes with a diagnostic software package, which includes Smart Battery Monitor and the Diagnostic Maniaxe v5 software package. The MaxiCheck MX800 has no diagnostic software.
The MaxiPro MP808 and MaxiCheck MX808 support one language. The Autel MaxiPro MP808 supports English and Spanish, while MX800 supports English only. The MX800 comes with vehicle scan reports that can be printed out when connected to a PC.
The MaxiPro MP808 contains more advanced features like Bi-directional control, DPF service, TPMS service, Immo, and much more. But the MaxiPro MP808 is slightly more expensive than the MaxiCheck MX800.
How To Use It?
There are 4 basic steps that you should follow in order to use this scanner. These steps are as follows:
- Turn on your computer and turn on the scanner. Then disconnect all cables from your car. After that, you need to start the scanner’s software by inserting the Autel disc that comes when you purchase it from Amazon or download it from its official website.
- When you run the software of this scanner, a connection box will appear with some options, so click on “Multi-language User Interface.” After that, some information about your car will appear on your screen. These are troubleshooting guides and other important information. You can set your car’s year and make the language of your scanner, calibrate it, and so on by using the setting options you get on this screen.
- Then, you will see a “Diagnosis” tab on your software and click on it. After that, you will get some basic functions you can use for scanning, such as ‘Readiness Test,’ ‘OBD-II Generic,’ and the like. Now, connect the scanner to your car using the cable when you purchase it. Make sure that the lights of both these devices are in great connection because on the failure of this; you will not be able to get any result.
- Then, you will see a “Scan” box at the top right side corner, and click on it. Then you can select one or several features you want to check, such as ‘Maintenance Module,’ ‘Engine Information,’ ‘Security & Diagnostic Data,’ and so on. You also have the option to perform other functions like ‘OBD-II Code Reading’ and other general functions that all scanners offer.
These are the steps that you need to follow in order to use this scanner.
What is the difference between Autel MP808 and MP808K?
The Autel MP808 includes the famous diagnostic software package. On the other hand, the MP808K comes with a diagnostic Smart Battery Monitor, which allows you to check the voltage of your vehicle’s battery.
Is Autel a Chinese company?
Autel is a global company founded in the USA. But now, the company is Chinese-owned. But it is also operating in China. Several of their devices can be used in multiple vehicles makes and models.
How do I update my Autel MP808?
The Autel Maxi Pro MP808 has outdated software that needs upgrading. New software can be downloaded directly from their site. When you run the upgrade, the software will ask for your authorization. Then you will see it on the screen. When you have finished updating, you can use its features.
What is the most advanced Autel scanner?
The Autel Maxi Pro MD806 is the most advanced Autel scanner. It can help you look for specific sensor problems in your car when trying to repair it. It’s a professional diagnostic scanner that can help diagnose electrical issues and repair your vehicle.
Overall, the MaxiPRO MP808 performed very well during our tests, although it did have some issues with certain vehicle models. All in all, this is a good tool for diagnostics and programming that has an affordable price point.
The scanner could be especially useful for those who want to learn more about their vehicle’s diagnostic functions before deciding to invest in something like an AutoXRay MX801 OBD2 scanner.